Tuesday, March 2, 2010

She's lump

I can't seem to get myself started. I spent the last two weeks mostly working and watching the Olympics and playing Plants vs Zombies. I cut out all the pieces for my dress, attached the interfacings, then got completely stumped by the instruction "reinforce to small circles." I didn't know what it meant. The illustration was no help. I could see where the small circle was, but I didn't actually know where to start reinforcing. I tried the internet, but couldn't find the right combination of search terms. My biggest fault as a seamster and as a human is that even the smallest frustration can make me feel like giving up. I just want everything to be easy all the time. And obviously it's not, especially when one is sewing a dress that is not meant for my skill set. After a couple of days of not doing anything about it, I tried Google again and hit upon the correct combination of words ("reinforcing sewing bodice") to find this post which is a tutorial for sewing the lapel onto the exact same dress I am making. The second picture is of the reinforcing. Hooray! But that was more than a week ago and I still haven't done it. I guess I feel pretty sure that once I reinforce to small circles, I'm just going to run into some new proof that I don't know what I'm doing. Lame, right? So.

So?

SEW!

Maybe. I told the internet yesterday that I would work on the dress this week. I'm saying it again here. The excuses are piling up in my head (I only got 4 hours of sleep, I work 6 days a week, I'm so hungry, I have to clean the kitchen). I didn't call my old blog The Malingerer for nothing.

We'll see what happens.

No comments: